About Me

United Kingdom
I'm travelling Thailand and Australia. Follow my adventure. Please enjoy, comment and ask me questions you may have. Thank you for reading!

Sunday 29 March 2015

THAILAND // A RETROSPECT

I had a little under four weeks in Thailand, there were many many highs, but a few lows, which is to be expected I guess. It's been almost four months since I was in Thailand and hindsight is beautiful, you tend to forget the shit that happens and your mind focuses on the good. In my next blog post I will write about the fact that someone in Thailand stole $2,500 AUD from my Aussie Cash Passport, four months on and this has only just been resolved, this effected the start of my Australia Adventure tremendously. Obviously my injuries impacted the start of Australia too, of which there complications involving a return to hospital here in Sydney. The stress of BKK took a while to leave me, and I am not sure I will ever go back, but then I now know what to expect, they say your second time is much better. The highs were were HIGH though. I think about the time I spent in Koh Samui, Koh Tao and the first two days in BKK. sure Koh Samui suffered one shitty night but that's no where near enough to taint the experience. I grew much closer to old friends, and in the process made new friends and they are still in my life despite being half a world away and these are friendships that will only grow. Not forgetting the time I spent with Finn who I absolutely adore, he is such a cheeky boy and funny. 

The good things to come out of BKK? Well it wasn't ALL bad, I met a lovely bloke called Damien in my hostel, the most unfriendliest hostel that exists I am sure! A young Aussie guy who is totally chilled, as you'd expect, and a total laugh, especially under the influence. As soon as I make my way up towards Brisbane he will be getting called.

Chiang Mai is definitely on my list of places I want to return too. There are activities outstanding that I want to give a go. I want to go back to Baan Khun Hostel, I can absolutely see why it was the most well rated hostel in CM. 

IF YOU DON'T STAY HERE WHEN VISITING CHIANG MAI THEN YOU ARE STUPID. Just saying.

I met Joe, who is also in Australia now, albeit over on the West side. A very very decent bloke, I basically shared my CM experience with him and as a strange turned companion turned friend I couldn't want for more. A lot of fun was had with him. Whilst I'm on it, check out his blog and Insta....

INSTAGRAM // @jdgls
BLOG // http://jdgls.me

The jungle trek, literally the only thing I was sure I wanted to do in Thailand did not disappoint. I would have paid a lot more than £30 for that experience. It really is a MUST DO. I surprised myself, after all this whole experience of travelling a lot about pushing your personal boundaries and limits - putting yourself to the test, right? I made some firm friends, especially two who have been a big part of my Australian Adventure, Zay and Cheeks. I've shared experiences here and there with them and I cannot wait to share more with them. 

Thailand is an incredible place. Would I go back? Chiang Mai for sure, and Koh Tao (3 days is not enough). If I was thinking about an Asian adventure I would be thinking the countries that surround Thailand, and I would definitely dip into and out of Thailand but it is not my recommendation to have that as your primary destination.

I will forever smile when I think of Thailand. Ain't no shitty experiences going to turn that upside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment