About Me

United Kingdom
I'm travelling Thailand and Australia. Follow my adventure. Please enjoy, comment and ask me questions you may have. Thank you for reading!

Thursday 4 December 2014

KOH TAO // THE KTK // KOH TAO KREW

12/11/2014 - 15/11/2014 Koh Tao, Thailand

The day after the wedding the KTK members said there goodbyes to the newly weds. It was my goodbye to them and Finn too before I set off on my travels, it was sad on my part. I hope Finn doesn't forget me, or forget our thing, the 'fist bump boom yeah boi' thing but more so me. Assuming I'm away for a year or two, that's a long time in a child's world. I will miss Keely too, she's been in my life for 14yrs, almost 15, and if I ever need a laugh she is a go to gal. One of the funniest and kindest people in my life. Full of ❤️.

The KTK serving selfie nautical realness.

It was glorious wev when we left, and the sun shone brightly, and hotly, en route to Koh Tao. We all arrived pinker than we left. Basically the once a day sun cream does not do what it says on the bottle. Surprisingly I have not got burnt so far on this trip, but it may have something to do with the copious amounts of electric beach action I had before I left - I do love a cheeky 15 minute holiday! 

Inspiration taken from Geri Halliwell's 'Mi Chico Latino' video.

We all stayed at The Simple Life hotel, this was nice actually, the breakfast was not. I love Koh Tao, it is laid back, very chilled, very cool kind of place. It seemed quiet and I think it was quieter than it would normally have been had it not been for the recent murders in the resort we were staying. Kenickie and I were going to go diving but hangover took over and put an end to that, besides I at this point had also caught Caz' cold and was feeling very snotty and bunged up. It was really good to just chill on a beach for the whole day though. I'm not a beach person normally but this place was paradise, or at least the closest I have been to it. Clear sea, nice sand, amazing wev, and exceptional tuneage that married it all up. The nightlife is very cool, there's a bar that would appeal to everyone, and most have these fantastic fire performers at them. The likes of which I have never seen before. 

My competitive side came out with Kenickie/Danny Dyer on this trip, we ate at the Simple Life restaurant on the first night and it was an all you can eat pizza for 199baht (£4). I came out on top (TBOGN 😉), and not in that way - you filthy readers!, with a two slice lead. Kenickie would say, however, that had there been more pizza available then he would have continued but it ended at 2100hrs. He did boss me at the fire limbo though, still not over the flexibility he has - that thought keeps me warm at night, more about that shortly!

I'm 'seductively' noshing on my victory pizza. Kenickie can barely control himself.

Taxi boat, Koh Tao, Thailand.

We took a taxi boat to the island just off Koh Tao, it's a resort with a hotel - it's called NANGYUAN ISLAND RESORT.  

There's a zip line there! Did you know there's a zip line there? Zip line? Where? Over there!

Certain members of the KTK insisted on informing the rest that a zip line was on this island and this was repeated numerous times it became a joke but also built excitement.  Based on this imagine our disappointment when four of us, not Kenickie as the poor boy was suffering from over indulging on the sauce, arrived to be informed that the zip line no longer existed. Kenickie called Caz to find out where we were and he was obvs told we were on this island so he came in a taxi boat for one, Caz had also told him that we would wait for him before going on the zip line. The hilarity! What was on this island is a sand bar between the two islands, something I had never seen in real life, not sure if it was a man made one or not. The hotel resort seemed to spread on both islands, looked really nice as it goes. The second island had a view point trail/walk.  The walk took us to the summit of the island, if you pay any attention to Kenickie/Nichols you'd have thought we climbed a mountain, but those poor boys were paying the costs of a heavy sesh the previous evening. They were hot messes, infact I was too! The girls howevs made it look easy in their teeny weeny string bikinis!!! They looked radiant, as per usual! We did climb and got rewarded with a wonderful view of the islands. We took lots of snaps with the aid of the worlds best invention, surely Nobel Prize winning?, Selfie Stick! A selection of which can be seen below;

EPIC view.

What a beaut!

Natch a Selfie was required. #KTK bossing it.

On our way down we took more photos and a personal favourite of mine, bizarrely one that I'm not in is 😝;

After several attempts this awesome photo was taken! Actually ❤️ these guys!

Nichols loves this photo, appaz it's got the three levels you need for a good pic! He prolly won't like this version as I have filtered the hell out of it.

We chilled for the rest of that afternoon in the coral filled waters, not before another competition, this one was gymnastics based;

It's clear to see who won this competition, Flange completely owning it.

I'm pretty terrible, I'll stick to singing and dancing, like the aspiring popstar I am - did you know I once made myself cry from singing once? Totes emosh. My other talent is being a glamour model, check out;

Steve serving Katie Price // Grindr Profile Pic realness:
The similarities to Nicki Minaj is honestly unreal, right? Think 'Anaconda' music video.

Caz is getting involved too.

The pensive shot.

Sexual.

Too much? Not enough! Grindr profile pic sorted.

Blooper!

That's enough of that. Please comment below with orders and payment information for my exclusive 2015 calendar.

I've digressed somewhat, although those photos were all taken on Koh Tao, so kinda relevant. Anyways...

We eventually headed back to the main island for food in a Mediterranean restaurant. Pretty standard evening then on, drinks, drinks and more drinks, TBOG.

TBOG = Totes Blates Obvs Gen
TBOGN = Totes Blates Obvs Gen Natch 

Kenickie came up with both mnemonics. TBOG I'm allowing and TBOGN can be used under exceptional circumstances. He's not just a pretty face. I have to say I am impressed with his ability to shorten words. As impressed as I am with his fake voice which he 'does not have', still a sore subject? This is in reference to drunken abuse from me to Kenickie about the way he speaks, I'm just JEL, I'd love to speak with that ESSEX swag that he has. Even if his voice doesn't match his face. Danny fucking Dyer.

The evenings were pretty standard in Sairee Beach, various bars along the beach with different genres of music and various fire performers. Lotus Bar was a regular haunt for us, I did want to hit the infamous Koh Tao Pub Crawl but we weren't really feeling it the first night and the last night we were running late for dinner. Lotus Bar had by far the best fire performers I have ever encountered. INCREDS. Special shout out to Slow (actual name So) as he managed to make the fire appear to go in slow motion. We had a good old chin wag with him one night, same night I abused Kenickie. When I brought up the murders though, rather bizarrely he no longer spoke English! No one wanted to speak about them on the island. I partook in some fire rope skipping as did Nichols, I obvs stacked it after a few jumps and Nivhols survived a whole one jump but at least he gave it a good crack. Kenickie gave the fire limbo a go and well, what can I say? He is very flexible indeed, I was most impressed, and turned on, mad skillz though. I was not good at the limbo though. Must. Try. Harder. I was happy to admit defeat in this round. I got pretty drunk on this night, it's those bloody Long Island Iced Teas that are made so poorly in Thailand. Very very strong. 👍 

RIDIC skillz these guys have!

Flame thrower!
Nichols needed a light. Screen grab of the video.

Once I work out how to upload a video onto the blogs I will post some of the live footage of these guys. It really is amazing, I would love to give it a go, but I daren't.

This day was also the anniversary of Caz, Nichols, and Kenickie's friend, Grange's passing. We all toasted him. I didn't know Grange but if he was friends with these guys he was a top chap indeed. This was also something I could relate to myself whilst I was away and I'll save that for a separate entry another time. Again though, 'Here's to Grange 🍻🍻'.

The KTK visited the area where the two backpackers died, unintentionally (not really!) as we had came across the bar that it was next to, Fishbowl Bar, which excuse the pun was dead. We paid our respects in our own way. I'll say no more. You know me!! 

So on Koh Tao, diving was a no go due to Kenickie & I having a rare 'BASIC' moment...


...and kayaking never transpired, the only thing we did do that we said we would was going to NANGYUAN ISLAND RESORT. We did have a great day just chilling out on the beach though. In and out of the sea. I think we all needed one of those days. Before we knew it, it was goodbye to the island. I loved it there and at the time of writing it's been my favourite place in Thailand. (I'm currently sat in an abandoned travel office in Chiang Mai at 0650hrs waiting for a bus, hopefully, to pick me up and take me to Pai after spending 11hrs travelling here from Bangkok).

The guys were flying to from Samui to Bangkok and I opted for the boat and VIP bus package. It was cheap at around 1100baht (£22). I parted ways with the girls on the morning of the 15th November, feeling rather delicate, it was only to be several hours, yet I felt sadness that our time together, as The KTK was very quickly coming to an end.

Thanks again for reading. Next installment is Bangkok: Part One. Please comment and share. Lot's of love, Me x

No comments:

Post a Comment